In our Business Law practice, we advise clients on a broad range of business law issues. Our clients include Canadian and […]
In our Securities and Corporate Finance practice, we act for issuers, investment dealers, private companies and venture capital and […]
Mergers & Acquisitions
In our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, we advise clients on the purchase and sale of both public and private businesses. Some of […]
In our Secured Lending practice, we advise clients on a complete range of services embracing all aspects of commercial lending […]
In our Business Law practice, we advise clients on a broad range of business law issues. Our clients include Canadian and international businesses of all sizes, from entrepreneurial business start-ups to larger corporations.
Our business law services include such matters as:
- Business Formations, including the establishment of corporations, partnerships and joint ventures;
- Preparation and negotiation of shareholder and partnership agreements;
- Corporate restructurings and reorganizations;
- Stock option plans and agreements and other equity and cash incentive arrangements for management, including employee Incentive Plans;
- Corporate record maintenance;
- Licensing, distribution, and Marketing arrangements; and
- Customer, supply and outsourcing agreements.
In our Securities and Corporate Finance practice, we act for issuers, investment dealers, private companies and venture capital and private equity groups both in Canadian and cross-border transactions relating to:
- Public and private debt and Equity financings, including venture capital financing;
- Stock Exchange listings on the TSX and TSX-V, including CPCs and reverse takeovers;
- Equity and debt restructurings and reorganizations;
- Rights offerings; and
- Ongoing compliance with securities law and continuous disclosure requirements.
We represent both corporate issuers and investment dealers in the structuring and sale of securities in a variety of financing stages, including pre-public financing, public offerings and private placements. In doing so, we assist companies in identifying and accessing potential sources of capital and in structuring, negotiating and documenting financing transactions at all business stages, including seed, angel, venture capital, bridge, convertible, debt, private placements and public offerings. We also assist investment dealers, venture capitalists and other investors with all transactional elements, including due diligence, structuring and identifying and implementing exit strategies.
Our technology law services include such matters as:
- Use and commercialization of technology;
- Protection of proprietary and confidential data;
- Technology development and co-development agreements;
- Licensing and distribution;
- Technology transfer agreements;
- Online contracting and service delivery; and
Mergers & Acquisitions
In our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, we advise clients on the purchase and sale of both public and private businesses.
Some of the services that we provide include:
- Planning acquisition and sale strategies;
- Developing appropriate and tax efficient transaction structures;
- Advising on acquisition financing for purchasers; and
- Implementing all transactional aspects of a deal.
A transactions, our clients include both buyers and sellers, as well as financial advisers, institutional investors, lenders and special committees of public target companies.
In our Secured Lending practice, we advise clients on a complete range of services embracing all aspects of commercial lending including bank financing, secured transactions, inventory financing, equipment financing, debentures, lease financing, commitment letters and loan agreements.
In our Corporate Governance practice, we advise public issuers on a variety of matters related to their responsibilities to their security holders. We also advise individual directors and officers, as well as security holders of public and private businesses in the enforcement of their rights.
We work with our clients on such matters as:
- Continuous disclosure practices;
- Board and committee mandates and assessments;
- Director and officer indemnification practices;
- Certification practices;
- Corporate restructurings; and
- Security holder investment strategies.